Face it. We are all aging and we know it. Maybe even faster with the pace of things these days! Many women, including myself, care about their looks, no matter what they say or how superficial it may sound. We all want and what we don’t have, my bucket list includes a C cup and a wrinkle-free tummy once again (thanks kids)! I would also love to stay young for as long as possible.
Since our skin is often the first to show signs of aging, we should definitely take the best care of it now. I gave you all a few tips to help your teen get rid of acne, here are a few natural skin care tips for adults to keep that healthy glow on your skin as you age*.
- Sun Protection – Too much sun is not good for the skin, so stay away when it’s not necessary and use sunscreen and protective clothing when you are out and about enjoying those rays. This includes tanning beds, the artificial rays are unnecessary and have been linked to skin cancer.
- Be Smoke-Free – Smoking is linked to wrinkles, it narrows the blood vessels and depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients that are important to skin health.
- Healthy Diet – Eating a balance of fruits, vegetables, proteins and whole grains can contribute to your over all health, which includes the vitamins necessary to maintain your skin.
- Tread Lightly – avoid harsh soaps, chemicals, and keep the skin nice and moisturized. Too much water can draw the natural oils out of your skin, and over-scrubbing can get too abrasive, especially on the delicate facial skin areas.
- Manage Your Stresses – Apparently, stress can affect your skin. Take a break, do something for you. Lighten the load.
- Leave Blemishes Alone – If you have any current acne, do not mess with or pop any of it. This actually leads to scarring and most acne should be able to resolve itself.
To aid in the battle of aging skin, consider trying luxury skincare products by Artistry. A top-selling skincare brand by Amway, Artistry’s products are developed using leading-edge science to help your skin act younger. Their dedicated researchers know how and why skin ages and what is needed to protect and repair it.
A couple of recommendations from the Artistry line:
- TIME DEFIANCE® Cleansing Treatment (4.4 fl. oz.) gently removes makeup, dirt, and excess oil while improving skin’s firmness and elasticity, to keep skin looking younger longer.
- TIME DEFIANCE Conditioning Toner (8.45 fl. oz.) helps protect skin’s firmness and elasticity while preparing skin to receive maximum anti-aging moisturizer benefits.
- TIME DEFIANCE Day Protect Crème with SPF 15 (1.76 fl. oz.) helps protect skin’s collagen and elastin with Defense 4 technology.
- TIME DEFIANCE Night Recovery Crème (1.76 fl. oz.) helps prevent
ARTISTRY intensive skincare renewing peel – A professional, 8-minute peel you can do yourself at home! Skin is smoother, softer, and fine lines and age spots fade with use over time.
Would you like to try out a luxury skin care regimen like this? One lucky reader will win an Artistry skincare package, which includes Amway’s ARTISTRY TIME DEFIANCE Skincare System and ARTISTRY intensive skincare renewing peel (a $270 value!) Stop by Artistry’s site to learn more about their skin care products.
Mandatory Entry: Follow this blog via email subscription, RSS, or Google Friend Connect and tell me what you love or hate about your skin in the comments section below.
Extra Entries (only count once you have completed the mandatory entry above):
This contest runs through Monday, January 9, 2012. This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. I will draw a winner using Random.org and announce here and via Twitter. All entries will be verified. I will email the winner, they have 48 hours to claim the prize or I will choose someone else. Be sure to leave your email address, or have it available on your blogger profile. Good luck!