How to Make Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops

58.7K Flares Twitter 22 Facebook 517 Pin It Share 58.1K Google+ 15 StumbleUpon 1 LinkedIn 6 Email -- Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 58.7K Flares ×

Looking for cute ideas for Valentine’s Day? This one is great, makes the perfect Valentine’s Day craft for kids. Who needs Valentine cards when you can pass out these yummy marshmallowy morsels of goodness? Here’s how to make Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops…

Cake Pops are all the rage right now. But they take so long to make, and even after many attempts at the art, my pops end up being a bit lumpy (even though delicious)! If you would like the cute cake pop look for a baby shower, birthday party or a Valentine’s Day treat but you don’t want the hassle, make Marshmallow Pops!

Ingredients:

These Marshmallow Pops took under twenty minutes to make from start to finish and they turned out adorable! All you will need are: marshmallows, white chocolate, sprinkles (crushed graham cracker, coconut, etc.), popsicle sticks or paper straws and food coloring.

Note: Buy paper straws online on Amazon and specialty baking and crafting stores. Also try Bakeitpretty.com.

1. First cut a small slit in the top of the marshmallows to allow you to insert your straw. If you skip this step you just might mash your marshmallows!

1. Insert the straws or popsicle sticks and put them in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. They do not take long to freeze and by doing this, the marshmallow is adhered more securely to the straw.
  1. Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on medium heat and stir every 30 seconds. White chocolate seems to burn a lot easier than regular chocolate so watch it closely! Add your food coloring if desired.
  1. Next up is the fun part: decorating! Dip the frozen marshmallows in the white chocolate. You will want to tap the excess white chocolate off. The frozen marshmallow will make the chocolate harden quickly so don’t wait too long before dipping them into the sprinkles.

My kids loved helping with this project. They are still pretty young, so I was in charge of the dipping and they rolled the chocolate covered marshmallows in their topping of choice!

These would make lovely Valentine’s Day gifts or treats all wrapped up in clear plastic and a pretty ribbon!

Also for Valentines Day…

Make these cute Valentine’s Day Treat Pockets! A fun and easy craft for kids, they can display them as decorations or pass them out to friends at school!

Brought to you by mybabyclothes.com. Dress your sweet babies for success in these stunning baby clothes with adorable matching baby headbands or hats.

If you liked this post, Subscribe, follow on Facebook and Twitter!

Bookmark and Share

Comments

1. Can you make these ahead of time and freeZe them?

2. I remember seeing these last year and thinking they were wonderful! Facebook is notorious for not notifying page owners when I tag them, so I thought I would stop by and let you know myself that I featured this on my page :)

3. what a wonderful idea!

4. These are so adorable. I will be making them for a baby shower I’m hosting next week. Thanks for Sharing.

Fatima

5. My gkids are allergic to dairy. Is there something else to dip them in other than chocolate? Thanks.

• Mary Ann McCandless says:

I use the Wilton Candy Melts for these and also the cake pops I make . They come in many colors, and you can add whatever flavoring you choose.

6. I made these with my son and they are so easy and yummy! I am making them to have on the candy bar/dessert table at my daughters Bday party next month. Just curious.. Did you use jumbo marshmallows or the regular ones? Also, do you know what size bags you used to wrap them in? I bought 3 in x4 bags at Michaels but I think the next size up will look better tied with a pink bow. Thanks for sharing this!!

7. Ooh this looks gorgeous! So fast and simple but it looks stunning!
    /Emma

8. Oh my, those are so pretty! I have been looking for something sweet and simple to make for my daughter’s classmates and this is perfect! Than you for the idea!

9. You could make some for Halloween to Just use different colors make them spooky I Love them for Valentines they are really pretty I will make some!! Love From Indiana

10. Thanks so much! These are great, i’m using them for Valentine’s Day in a school project.

11. Thanks! These are so cute, i’m using them for Valentine’s Day! Hope they turn out great.

12. excited 4 coupons says:

wow.. love how simple they seem to make and how cute they are.. thank u for sharing.. i hope u dont mind me posting on my blog..

13. Do you think you could keep these in the freezer for a couple days after done, or should I just make them the day of or day before the party?

• You should make them the day before the party. I think the marshmallows would get kinda funky if they were frozen. Maybe you can do a test run?

Hope they turn out great!

14. What brand of white chocolate are you using, and how much? I usually use the Wilton pink candy discs, but their color isn’t that light bubblegum pink like yours. Also, how many drops of red do you put in the white chocolate?
    These pops are so very pretty:)
    Thanks!
    CJ

15. Oh yumm!!! I love the idea of using the paper straw too! I’m including them in my Valentine’s Day Round-up today. :) XOXO

16. These are a great alternative to cake pops. My daughter’s 10th birthday is next week and i would love to try and make these. Wish me luck!

17. We are making these with Pixi sticks instead of straws, can’t wait! Thanks!

18. Love these! I always try to find something different for our family Christmas party. I have fourteen grand kids ages 15 to age 1. They will love these. I went to Hobby Lobby with 3 of my little grandsons and they picked out all different blue sprinkles and we got pink for the girls. Christmas party is this Sunday and I am making these for the kids. Can’t wait to see them done. Thanks for the wonderful idea : )

19. Annmarie Marco says:

Hi Deanna! I loved this idea, so cute and also a lot of fun to make! not too much trouble at all, also I have a quick tip for you,I’m sorry that you have trouble with making cake pops, these are adorable but if you really want to do cake pops, buy a box of donut holes, easy cheat!!! ha-ha it works great, amd no one will know, and besides decorating is the fun part right?

20. Another Deanna says:

Very cute. I think Iwould snip the tops of of some Pixie Stix and use those in place of straws. Another treat, when you finish your treat!

21. I made these for my little girl’s 1st birthday and they were a big hit.

22. Do you store them in the fridge or freezer? How long can they hold up? Thank You

• I would store them the same way that marshmallows are normally stored, in an air tight container in a cooler area of the house. If you refrigerate or freeze them too long, they’ll probably get hard.

23. Love these would live to use them for my baby shower. One question where did you find the straws
    That you used.

24. So cute! so much better than CANDY and probably not near as messy! Where do u get the plastic baggies, or is it just saran wrap to cover them with?

25. Wondering how long they can last? I have a party Saturday and wondered if I could make them a few days in advanced.

• I made these for my little girl’s 1st birthday and they were a big hit.

Sufia–I know I am a few months late but I made these on a Thursday and my daughter’s party was on Saturday. After they dried I just put them in a big zip lock bag and sealed it really well. They were still good the next week, just make sure to seal them really well.

26. Aurelia says:

Super sweet, gorgeous, amazing – I can’t find more superlatives to describe these pops. You deserve being pinned that much on pinterest, wonderful pictures and make me want one/two/three of these wonderful creations!

27. celeste Porter says:

Can I melt the pink baking chips as well as the white chips or does it just have to be white with food coloring?

• I have never tried pink baking chips, I don’t see why they wouldn’t work! Candy melts work too, they have a bunch of different colors at Michael’s and probably on Amazon.

Hope yours turn out great!

• Hi I tried these and the white chocolate keeps burning and becoming pasty texture how did you get it so smooth and what brand of chocolate did you use thank you

28. These are wonderful ty!

29. So cute! I am making them now for my daughters birthday party, to give out instead of lollipops.
    Thanks!

30. They are lovely!! And not so difficult to prepare. I will try next weekend with my 3 kids
    Thanks for sharing!
    Love from Barcelona, Spain!
    Cristina