House Cleaning Tips from Molly Maid

35 Flares Twitter 29 Facebook 2 Pin It Share 0 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 LinkedIn 3 Email -- Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 35 Flares ×

Ok, serious question: When is the last time you came home to a clean house? Anyone?

If you actually have an answer to that question, consider yourself lucky! Otherwise, you are probably in the same boat as me. Still thinking? I am the one who does the majority of the cleaning in the house, the hubs helps with odds and ends. With work, family, mommyGAGA and life, I am definitely pressed for time.

Thankfully, Molly Maid, a house cleaning service company, is making it easier for busy peeps like us to keep our humble abode nice and tidy with their special Cleaning Tips Institute Videos! Whether you are looking at how to clean your shower curtain liner, remove that water ring from your coffee table, or ways to clean stubborn sweat and oil stains out of clothing, you can find great tips from Molly Maid.

Check out this video that shows how to get the whole family involved in cleaning, even the kids!

Hopefully I can implement a few of these handy dandy tips at my house. My cleaning routine typically consists of a room to room technique, I can add a little something here and there. No huge amounts of extra work, no sweat! I have thought about looking into cleaning services a few times, I seriously haven’t had time to do that, either. If I decide to hire a little cleaning help, I would totally look into maid service with Molly Maid. Can they make life any easier?

Thanks to Molly and her crew, one lucky reader will win a “Take Care of You” gift packfrom Molly Maid, including a nail file, foot pumice scrub, microfiber cleaner, and more ($50 value)!

Molly?

This sweepstakes will end June 7 at 11:59PM PT, so enter now! A winner will be selected randomly from the comments on June 8 and contacted via email, at which time the winner will have 48 hours to respond with shipping information before a new winner is selected. Please make sure you’ve provided a valid email address where you can be contacted!

Enter up to five times by doing each of the following (leave a separate comment for each task):

• One Entry – Tweet about the Molly Maid sweepstakes (you can even use one of the handy-dandy Tweets below, if you like) and leave a comment here with either the Tweet or the URL to the Tweet. Please be sure to tag your Tweet with #MollyMaidTips.
  • One Entry – Tweet out the URL to one of the Molly Cleaning Institute videos and leave a comment here with either the Tweet or the URL to the Tweet. Please be sure to tag your Tweet with #MollyMaidTips.
  • One Entry – Post about this sweepstakes on Facebook, and leave a comment here saying what you posted. Please tag the post with the #MollyMaidTips hashtag.
  • One Entry – Write a blog post including at least one of the videos, and  – you guessed it — leave a comment here with the URL to the blog post.
  • One Entry – Just leave a comment on this blog post telling us about your favorite cleaning tips. They could potentially be included in a future video!

Sample Tweet: “I just learned a new cleaning trick, courtesy of Molly Maid. Check it out for yourself! http://www.mommygaga.com/2012/05/house-cleaning-tips-from-molly-maid #MollyMaidTips”

If you liked this post, Subscribe, follow on Facebook and Twitter!

Love it? Share it!  Bookmark and Share

Disclosure: Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.

Comments

1. Nice promotion!

2. As the laundry is being washed, start other chores that way you can time things out.

3. Breanne says:

Clean a little everyday

4. Kristen m says:

My best cleaning tip is to take,a few minutes every day to straighten up so nothing gets out of hand!
    blue65829 at aol dot com

5. Karen Gonyea says:

Pick up as you go…don’t let things get out of control :)

6. Jennifer R says:

My favorite cleaning tip is to microwave a mug of water with a drop or two of dish soap or vinegar in it for 2 minutes and then wipe down the microwave with the clean smelling steam inside when done.
    repose4jr at gmail dot com

7. clean up messes the second they happen

8. Charity L. says:

One cleaning tip I use is to scrub down my kitchen sink every night before I go to bed. Once a week I use comet and really give it a scrub down so that it shines. Then, by wiping it down every night with soap and water, it stays shiney. Having a beautiful shiny sink helps the kitchen look clean all the time. Also, When I have citrus to throw away, I put it down the garbage disposal to make the room smell clean! It works really well!

9. Charity L. says:

I posted on Facebook:
    Need a few tips for your summer cleaning?
    Then check out this post: http://www.mommygaga.com/2012/05/house-cleaning-tips-from-molly-maid #MollyMaidTips

10. At the house where i nanny I have two kids I watch and a huge house to clean. I have 2 baskets on the stairs that the kids picked out and as i walk from room to room anything on the floor gets separated in to those baskets, anytime the children go to their room they are not to go without their baskets

11. shared on fb
    jenzen69atyahoodotcom

12. tweeted video
    jenzen69atyahoodotcom

13. Amanda Hoffman says:

my favorite tip is never is clean up a mess right after it was made

14. Kristi C says:
  15. I clean a few rooms each day, so I’m not to overwhelmed.

nickieisis3atgmaildotcom

16. christal c says:

I use baking soda to clean my shower and vinegar to clean my floors

17. Cyndee Thomas says:

Use false teeth cleaner (one that fizzies) to clean toilet. Alka-Selzer tablets clean toilet too in a pinch.

18. Yolanda Robinson says:

I have wood floors that collect a lot of dust. So I purchased a floor dust mop and it works great. It picks up a larger amount of dust then a regular broom

19. Yolanda Robinson says:

I Tweet out the URL to one of the Molly Cleaning Institute videos

20. Yolanda Robinson says:
  21. I get mine done in the morning, pre-Facebook, Twitter or blogging. If you develop a routine (and I have) you can stay on top of it in as little as 30 minutes a day. I’m not kidding! I have 5 bedrooms, 4 baths and 3 stories, with kids and cats and a husband who loves doing woodworking projects indoors. It’s a matter of doing it every.single.day. and if you skip, that’s okay, but you’ll wind up working more than 30 minutes when you get back to it.

And, yeah, chemicals in cleaning are not cool.

22. amanda j. says:
  23. samantha says:

I like to get all cleaning done as early as possible so that I have the rest of the day to spend with my kids or relax

24. instead of using chemicals for household cleaning and laundry and personal cleaning, you should stick to natural cleaners like vinegar, baking soda, soap nuts, tea tree oil, citrus, hemp oil, etc. They are safer for people, pets, plants, environment, they work just as well or better than most chemical cleaners, and they smell better!

25. when i clean i do just a couple of rooms each day so you are not cleaning for hours…when the kids are old enough give them little chores to help out
    pkeintz@gmail.com

26. Lori Davis says:

My favorite cleaning tip? Hire a maid!

27. Lori Davis says:
  28. I think the last time my house was clean was pre-Little. Who knew was whirling dervish a 10 month old would be :)

29. ColleenMarie82 says: