Safety. Quality. Comfort. Value.
These are the most important factors when shopping for a car. See, i’m a middle class type of gal, so as much as I would love to drive a brand new luxury car, it’s just not in the cards. If you are looking to buy a new family car this year, there are a few great models out that will perfectly fit your needs.
Here are my top 5 picks for affordable cars for families:
1. 2013 Toyota Highlander – This crossover SUV may be more compact, but it boasts the same versatility that you would need for a larger family. It features 7 spacious and comfortable seats, which the second and third rows can be folded down to extend cargo space. Optional premium additions include a navigation, back up camera, rear seat DVD entertainment system and even a hybrid model is available. This car definitely grows with your family.
2. 2013 Toyota Prius v – Thought a Prius was too small for your family? Think again! This hybrid car gets awesome gas mileage and the v model has an extended cargo space. That’s not all, the back up camera, advanced parking assist system and premium HDD navigation should come in handy as well. Seats 5.
3. 2013 Honda CR-V- This compact SUV comfortably seats 5. Along with the basics, this model offers some premium options, such as a navigation system, leather interior, plenty of cargo room, Bluetooth capabilities and a DVD rear entertainment system.
4. 2013 Toyota Camry – Plenty of past Toyota sales are of this model for a good reason. The Camry has been called the best selling car in America for the past 12 years, people are satisfied. It seats 5, and has many of the bells and whistles one would want in a car. This years model is a bit more luxurious with it’s re-designed interior, and has navigation and premium audio system options.
5. 2013 Nissan Pathfinder – Gone are the days of the old Pathfinder, the old truck like model has been re-invented. This 7 seater promises space and comfort, it features a second-row seat with an EZ Flex™ seating system with LATCH and GLIDE connectivity. The cargo area was not spared, there is still 16 feet of space at minimum. There are many premium options available as well.
Our biggest concerns include safety, longevity, comfort and space. I have always purchased my cars used, but for the value and amenities offered with the new ones listed above, I would have no problem buying one when the need arises. These are top brands that are re-inventing what a family should experience in a car, no mini vans here! I have owned a Honda, Nissan and Lexus (made by Toyota) in the past and I was pleased with them all. As you can see, Toyota vehicles made the list 3 times!
What car do you drive and how does your family fit? What are your favorite features? If you could get a new car today, what would you buy?
Disclosure: I wrote this post for Toyota via Link Vehicle, all opinions are my own.