I am sharing great breakfast ideas on the go with the Kellogg’s Great Starts program.
We’ve all been there. Alarm failed us. It took forever to get the kids ready. Nothing to wear. Toddler melt down. Forgot to fill up the gas tank.
Of course, these things only happen just in time for school and work mornings. See, these are the not-so-joyous days we experience as parents. Nobody told us about them. Where’s the parenting manual when you need it?
These pitfalls are no reason to skip breakfast. Make your rushed mornings a little easier by planning for quick breakfast bites ahead of time. You can potentially cut down the stress of the morning rush by preparing a few items that you can grab and go. Here are a few easy breakfast ideas:
5 Quick On the Go Breakfast Ideas
1. Cereals and Oatmeals – These have been a go-to quick breakfast fix for years. Pick your favorites, but don’t go with too many unhealthy options. Cereals that are low in sugar and high in fiber are great to start your morning. Eat them with fresh fruit, such as sliced bananas or blueberries. We normally choose Kellogg’s Raisin Bran or Rice Krispies with fresh sliced strawberries. Kashi Apple Cinnamon oatmeal is good stuff, too.
2. Chocolate Chip Oat Energy Bites - These are a good, quick bite to eat. You will have to prepare these ahead of time, but it’s so worth it. Just grab a couple of these energy balls and an apple and you’re set to go.
3. Egg, Bacon and Spinach Fritattas – I love making these. These healthy, homemade goodies are baked in a muffin pan, yielding 12 mini frittatas that you can quickly heat in the morning and take with you. The kids love them, too.
4. Breakfast Shakes – Drinkable breakfast items are convenient, you can take all of the vitamins and nutrients you need to start your morning in one bottle! I recently tried these Kellogg’s To Go breakfast shakes, they’ve got 190 calories or less, fiber and protein. The kids loved them, strawberry being the favorite. The Kellogg’s To Go shakes come in a powdered mix form as well.
5. Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits – You can throw these together and be in the car in no time! Spoon your favorite yogurt, berries and granola into a cup, that’s it! Other additions: almonds, blueberries, honey, cranberries, coconut, and raspberries.
What do you do to be sure you don’t skip breakfast on a hectic morning? Kellogg’s is staging a breakfast “skippervention” to make sure that YOU are not one of the 31 million Americans that skip their most important meal every morning! Don’t miss out on those nutrients your body needs.
Win a Kellogg’s Wake Up and Go Breakfast Prize Pack!
To make sure you’re covered, I am giving away a Kellogg’s Wake Up and Go prize pack to one lucky reader! You’ll win plenty of Kellogg’s To Go Breakfast Shakes and Breakfast Shake Mixes, and a Kellogg’s To Go recipe booklet. Enter to win via the Rafflecopter form below, contest ends October 15, 2013. Here are the official rules, good luck!